Sunday, October 21, 2007

Clarification

I guess i have not been very clear in my previous post since a couple of people actually msn or left comments for me. So to be clear, I have decided to P&G and start my new job in Kah Motors as Marketing Executive.

Thank you so much for all the well wishes that you have left for me. I will take all these wishes to my new job. :-)

Actually, there is not much to blog about this week except that i have already started transitioning and so have not much time to MSN during work. Furthermore, i am also required to stop my work from home so that i can transition. So i guess, i am a step closer to the new job...with regular working hours and no more MSN. I am still praying hard that MSN is available in the new job. hehe

Oh yah, other than transitioning, news that i will be leaving have started to spread around the workplace. So now, i am constantly explaining to people why i decided to leave. I should actually tape my answer and replay it every time. Will you know what is the most common reply that i have after explaining my reason? They wld ask if i did mentioned to my boss to find a position internally for me and my reply wld be i am only at the bottom of the hierarchy and in order for me to go into P&G marketing i will need to be at least Band 2 manager and how long will it take? 5 yrs or more? After this, everyone will agree that it was a right decision that i leave. As the days goes by, i am starting to have more confidence in my decision and it was indeed a correct decision even if Kah don't work out for me. Since i wldn't be moving anyway in my career if i continue to stay in P&G. Am i still not convinced? and actually trying to psycho myself here that i have made the right decision? hehe.

Another interesting thing i discovered is that there wld not be any announcement of my resignation in the department as it is actually a HR policy that no announcement will be made for people leaving P&G. so funny, right? So it will be slide in slide out arrangement (a P&G term) meaning today u see me and when u don't see me u will know i am gone.. However, i feel that it is a bit weird so i have decided to start breaking the news to people myself so that it wldn't be like i did something wrong and i am actually asked to leave.

No comments: