Sunday, September 16, 2007

My First Homemake Mooncake

I am actually those people who will always want to eat festive goodies on every festival like i must have 肉干 every Chinese new year, moon cakes on every 中秋节, etc. It seem weird that some of these festive goodies are actually available all year round and I don't eat them only until the festivals.

For this 中秋节, i decided to try make some homemake style moon cakes for my family since my parents are vegetarians and they normally can't find snowskin moon cakes in the market. Hence, after much surfing on the internet, i find the recipe and make my first snow skin moon cake for them.

Verdict: Edible but not fantastic. So I guess this will be my first and final batch of snowskin mooncakes.

After having some fun from the making of the snowskin moon cakes, i decided to further explore on other moon cakes and i manage to make the below baked moon cakes with red bean paste which is left over from snowskin moon cakes.

Verdict: My parents and myself prefer this sort of mooncake better since the skin is rather flaky but we need to reduce the sweetness. Thus, i should be making more next week for praying too.

In all, i manage to get the taste right so i will need to improve on my presentations. Look forward to my future creations since lately i have the mood for baking. hehe.

P.s. sorry for my poor photography skills.

No comments: