Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My First Spirtual Trip

I wldn't say i am a very holy person but since young, i have been brought up with a faith which i have been practising as far as possible. When we told late last year that they will be organising a trip to Taiwan where we will visit the HQ as well as further explore on our faith, i was very reluctant to go and actually tried finding various excuse to not join the trip. However, when my mum who i can tell really wants to go say that if anyone of us is not to join she will not join the trip as she will be worried that we are alone at home....that's how protective my mum is. So i knew i have no more excuse but join them on this journey since it is not always that we have a chance to visit the Taiwan operations and my parents are not that young either so i don't want them to have any regrets in their life.

So i started this journey with no expections or should i say i actually prepared that it is going to be a very bad and boring trip for me. However, i ended with much more understanding of my faith in God as well as it was indeed an eye opening experience for me to see how huge an operation we have in Taiwan.

This trip i actually took a lot of scenric picture so below are some snapshots of me and my spiritual journey:

We started Day 2 with a tour of the whole site at 神威, our biggest temple located at 高雄. The weather was very hot so they actually helped prepared hundreds of such hats for everyone so here is a shot of me with a very 老土 hat but it is definetly better than being heat stroke.

Our family with a four faced 济公活佛.
We ended the night early so my sister and i tour the little garden located outside our hostel and took pictures with the 小沙妮 which is so cute. I actually have a series of pictures of all the 小沙妮.
Before we started our journey to the BBQ gathering, i took this picture at the lotus pond. All the lotus actually bloom by our 3rd day so i guess we are pretty lucky.
Me and the BBQ food that all the taiwan folks have prepared for us. They actually went through the effort to prepare all the food for a total of close to 400 people. Believe me, there was really a lot of food for everyone and this BBQ is actually at a hilltop so they have to carry all the equipment including a bubble tea machine and food up the hill which the car can only reach the bottom of the hill.
This is the route that we took to reach the BBQ site. The whole journey took us around 20 mins but is really good workout for people like us.
My mum and i on our next stop - 佛山 where we spend a 1.5 day. The red building behind is our hostel as well as temple.
Apart from the temple visit, they also arrange for a boat ride at sun moon lake which is actually very pretty. See how clear the water is.

During the boat ride, there is this stop over where we get the chance to take picture with our horoscope.

On the last day, we actually took picture with the lady in the centre. This lady is very important as she is the one who introduce this faith to my mum.

I will end my post today with the sunset that we took on our flight back to Singapore.

No comments: