Saturday, June 28, 2008

A "scary" new neighbour

Actually for the past weeks, i have always wanted to do some update on my blog but was just lazy and so i just procrastinate and that also include preparing the photo book for my Taiwan trip. haiz..not so good attitude right?

Anyway, there is this important new that i need to update. There is a new member to my neighbour's place that make me so afraid to step out of my house or go back home after work. If you are close to me you will know that i have quite a huge fear for certain animals and that will include the usual pets - cats and dogs. For the past 27 years of my life, i am very fortunate that my direct neighbours have never kept any of such pets. However, this has all came to an end for now.

As my neighbour's daughter's family decided to move over and rent out their current place for some extra cash. In her family, apart from her husband and daughter, it also include a 4yr old Maltese and 5 rabbits. OMG!

Though the Maltese is a cute girly puppy always with a ribbon on her head, i just can't overcome my fear as she always barking at everyone who walk past her door and that will include the poor me. :-( I know she mean no harm but those bark really make me to speed up my walking speed and walk direct to my door and lock them up. To make things worst, my neighbour don't really like to close their grill so they only have a wooden plank to block off the entrance. So i have this constant fear that one of these days she will actually jump over the plank and come charging out at me as when i walk pass she will always run to the entrance & bark at me. finger cross... Not forgetting my parents are used to opening the grill when they go out to water the plants, i now fear that the dog will follow the neighbour out when she is talking to my mum and in to my house. If it ever happen, i bet i will be screaming my lungs out. Trust me if it ever happens, it will definitely be in my blog.

My parents have been telling me to let her smell me and so she will be familiar with me but i just can't do it. I know my neighbour is also trying to help me overcome my fear by carrying her over my house so she wldn't bark at me so often but i just can't do. Maybe one day i might but i don't think it will be anytime soon. Or it will happen only when she stop barking and ignore me then i might be able to start bond with her.

No comments: