Sunday, January 30, 2011

When mummy hurt her hand...

When my mum hurt her hand, I became the "Maria" for my family. Okie...i admit that i am a spoilt in a way since I don't help out with the housework when my mum is handling. So i guess now is the time for me to repay and I shouldn't be complaining right? Otherwise maybe i will be struck by lightning so let's better be safe since the weather is so bad lately.

So for the past 3 days, I have to wake up early in the morning to buy groceries, wash the clothes, cook and wash again...not to forget the task that I hate most...ironing, which my mum can't bear to see since I take ages just to complete ironing 1 piece of clothing.. heehee.

Anyway, the purpose of this entry is not to complain but because of my mum, I have to do the marketing. I can't even remember when was the last time I went down to the wet market but there are 3 interesting encounters from these few days.

1. Saw an auntie at one of the store who is actually a friend of my mum. After my mum asked if her kids are married, she also ask about my marital status. When I mentioned I am still single, she decided to promote her son to me. She actually went to the point of asking my horoscope and following my mum and I to another store. I was so embarrassed and speechless by her enthusiasm.

2. While buying my breakfast today, saw this young girl around 10 yrs old who is trying to get breakfast for her younger sister and brother. She was patiently trying to figure out what exactly her younger brother want and at the same time getting them to sit and wait at the table while she queue. Good to see that a 10 yr old can be independent and willing to take care of the siblings, which I think it is a rare sight now since the younger generations are very well taken care and rely a lot on their maid or caregiver.

3. Also saw a very sweet old couple. The old grandma can barely walk but was still pushing her husband who is on a wheelchair for breakfast. Though I saw some people actually feel that the old grandma was blocking the way as she was moving at a very slow speed but I find that it is such a blessing to have a partner who will take care of you and really fulfill the marriage vows.

To end, not sure if anyone of you saw the last episode of Dream Potters on Monday, if not you might want to search for it via youtube or catch up TV. The key character of the episode was an old lady with a big heart. Despite what she been through and her blindness, she still want to help others instead of accepting help since she feel that she is more fortunate than many.

She really taughtt me the importance of contentment in life and also the ability to forgive and forget. Something that I always want to achieve but never achieve. Maybe I can one day achieve if I always hum on it.

No comments: