Sunday, May 13, 2007

Phantom of the Opera

Actually the past week has been a pretty busy week for me especially since i dun noe what's happening to me at work... many meetings and everyone have new request to their project, thus have been working late at work....though my late is not like most of u will imagine since anything after 7pm for me is considered late..considering that i always leave on the dots for my role. However, i am glad that i finally make it for the Phantom of the Opera. Since i actually have to sell my first set of tickets as my buddy has other committments. Hence when i finally sold the tickets, all the weekend shows were sold out and hence we can only pick a weekday show and considering that my buddy is usually busy at work...i was pretty afraid she couldn't make it for the show. Then who will know that as we were both late and we actually went for dinner so we almost missed the first part of the show as we actually run to the entrance before they actually closed the door.

This was actually the second musical i watch in my life till date. The first was Miss Saigon. As compared, the effects and stage was definetly better than Miss Saigon. However in terms of the storyline, Miss Saigon is actually better... dun noe if it is because Phantom of the Opera was performed by more "ang moh" and there were more opera form of singing and hence there were quite a number of parts which i could'nt understand. In all, i still feel it was a great experience.

Hopefully i can achieve my dreams of watching musical or broadway in the big apple soon. Before i manage to save up for the big apple trip, i guess i will have to watch a few more musicals in spore. Still thinking if i should watch the musical - King and I?

No comments: